Sunday, July 05, 2009

7/5/09: Day 252: Barcelona

The Grand Finale. After 252 days at sea we are now done. Well, done with this contract.

Deanna and I are staying in Barcelona for a couple days on our own before heading back to the states. Today was all about getting our 4 suit cases and 4 carry-ons from the ship to the apartment we rented. Our bags are big. I researched the Delta site to find out that our bags could be 50 lbs max before we would get a fee…51-70 lbs is $150, 71-100 is $300, over 100 is, well, not allowed. With all of the stuff we brought and bought I had my work cut out for me. Luckily we lived on the same floor as the scale. Out of three suitcases and one giant duffle bag that I got on sale at the L.L. Bean outlet in Maine the weights were as follows: 49, 49.2, 49, 69.3. I tried to get them all one pound under just incase we bought any other little things in Barcelona.

One of the first things we did today was chill and then walk around. While walking Deanna bought a US to EU power converter…just a little 5 euro attachment. I was worried about whether it would convert 110 to 220 and back. Deanna assured me that they used a little plug like that in Italy when she went with her girlfriends. So, I plugged our power strip into the converter then plugged into the outlet. POP! Three circuit breakers flipped and there was something rattling around in the power strip. That power strip was bulky and weighed about 2-3 pounds on its own. Guess we just bought ourselves a little breathing room in the luggage department!

That night we went around and saw a cool fountain up by the Espanya stop. They had music playing and lights and everything that you would expect with a fountain show.

Back that night we slept in our mildy air conditioned apartment. So mild that we sweated our way through the night. Gross.

No comments: